Saturday, January 14, 2017

Good advice


            ARGUING
            People argue about the strangest things. I remember watching a TV show where the husband and wife were arguing about which way the toilet paper should roll, up or down. They even included other people in the argument. It got to the point of ridiculousness. If all you worry about is which way to put the toilet tissue on the holder, you have no worries. Still we as humans want to be right.
            Bud and I had a disagreement about a stop light. He said it was a certain way. 
I knew he was wrong and said so. Then I got to thinking about it. I discovered two things: 
1. How could I prove him wrong? 
The light had been changed so there was no way to prove either of us correct. 
2. In the grand scheme of things, what difference did it make?


            My younger brother gave me some advice: “Pick your battles.” Amazing since he did not have kids and he was always picking fights; I knew he was right. Let the small stuff slide and don’t compromise on the big stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment